Job Type: Full-time
Location: Stellarton & Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Trinity Energy Group is looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career while gaining knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
Please note: This position will be split between our Stellarton & Mount Uniacke locations.
Occupational Health and Safety Certificate; Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals Certification; National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) program or other proven industry experience.
- Create and maintain company safety plan through existing process / procedures
- Investigate workplace accidents or illnesses & conduct hazard assessments
- Develop and implement health and safety plans
- Assist in the planning and start-up of new projects with respect to safety
- Inventory safety related training of workers; conduct new worker safety orientations
- Conduct safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Keep management current on the status of any issue(s) that may impact on the work being performed
- Assist in preparing site safety plans
- Promote safe working conditions
- Enforce safety regulations and safe work practices
- Maintain and prepare thorough documentation and reports
- Participate in daily safety interactions, including performing and documenting daily safety inspections (including tools/equipment) and auditing to ensure adherence to standards
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and injuries are properly reported to all appropriate parties
- Provide regular worksite safety training for all employees including new worker orientation, sub-contractor orientation and topics such as WHMIS, company policies and procedures, lockout, respirator fit tests, hearing tests, etc.
- Coordinates Material Safety Data Sheet library for controlled products
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A minimum one year’s relevant experience in a site/field safety role
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Must have transportation endorsement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
This is a full time opportunity with a great benefits package after a three month probationary period. Wage will depend on experience and qualifications of the candidate. All individuals are welcome to apply!
Please forward all resumes to Nina Berkman at email@example.com
Pay Scale: $15.00 to $20.00 per hour dependent on experience
We appreciate all people who apply, but only the chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.